About our law offce
We firmly believe that carefully listening to the individual needs of our clients is key to success. Each client is provided with quality legal counseling, thorough risk assessment and a focus on smart case strategy. The firm’s lawyers have worked together as a team for years in order to achieve our clients’ trust and confidence.
It will be our honor to assist you, whether you need legal consultations, agreement drafting, written opinions or full legal representation in complex litigation. If your case has a multi jurisdiction dimension, we can cooperate with our partners worldwide to ensure you receive the high quality services you deserve.
We are fluent in Czech, Slovak and English and can communicate in Hungarian and Russian. Please call us or send an email and let us know how we can assist you.
We look forward to working with you!
Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year...
In her yesterday’s statement, EU Commissioner Verstagen informed that the preliminary conclusion of the investigation of Google with respect to Android OS is that Google’s practices breach EU antitrust rules. In a Statement of Objections to Google, EU Commission concluded that Google’s practices impose unjustified restrictions and conditions on manufacturers of...
The International Institute for the Unification of Private Law (UNIDROIT) is an independent intergovernmental organization based in Rome. Established in 1926, it celebrates the 90th anniversary of its foundations. Its main objective is to modernise and harmonise private international law, with a special focus on internation commercial law. Membership is...
- Business law
- Business formation, company management, business transactions. Each company, each business transaction needs a careful individual approach to successfully achieve the desired goals and to limit the potential risks. Czech company laws were significantly amended recently, raising the need for a careful review of both new and existing contracts and articles of incorporation.
- Estate Planning, Trusts and Probate Law
- Focusing on laws, procedures and practices associated with estate planning, creation and management of trusts, drafting wills and representing clients in all stages of the inheritance proceedings, before the Czech public notaries, acting as court commissioners, as well as before appellate courts.
- Employment Law
- Fine-tuning employment contracts is key in maintaining a steady long-term employment relationship, without disputes over salary, benefits, work hours, type of work done. Unfortunately, workplace disputes and wrongful terminations are not uncommon. Whether you are an employer or an employee, if you feel that your employment rights were violated, you can benefit from our professional legal assistance.
- International Multi-jurisdiction cases
- We specialize in assisting foreign investors with their investments in the Czech Republic and in Central Europe. In case disputes arise, we can guide our clients through complete arbitration or court litigation, involving conflict of laws issue, application of European and foreign laws and regulations in domestic court proceedings, as well as full cooperation with our foreign partners in multiple pending cases is different jurisdictions.
- Damages and Compensation
- In case of a breach of contract, loss or injury caused by the wrongful act of another, or other damage, we can assist our clients to recover the damages in both civil and criminal cases, including efficient enforcement of judgments in the Czech Republic, as well as in other countries.
- Real Estate
- Well-drafted and thorough purchase-sell contracts are essential in protecting your interests on the real estate market. Whether you are buying a commercial property to expand and develop your business, or invest money to achieve better living for you and your family, we offer drafting or revising real estate contracts to ensure swift and dispute-free transactions.
- Family Law
- We understand that family issues are always very sensitive, personal and often challenging and complex matters. We can guide you through the intricacies of separation, divorce, property settlement, as well as child custody, parenting arrangements, child and spousal support.
- Residential Lease and Purchase
- Living in the Czech Republic can include renting or purchasing a house or an apartment. Both parties will always benefit from well-written lease agreements, taking into account the various limits of the Czech laws and regulations and avoiding potential litigation. When purchasing real estate, we can provide you with all the necessary contracts, including money escrow and registration of property ownership changes.
- Complex trial and appellate litigation
- In cases where it was not possible to reach an amicable settlement, we are able to efficiently and cost effectively represent our clients in arbitration proceedings, as well as before all Czech courts, including the Czech Supreme Court, Supreme Administrative Court and Constitutional Court. Our lawyers are also qualified to represent you before the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg.
- Trademark and Copyright law
- Both new and well established companies may benefit from trademark protection of their brands against illegal misuse by your competitors. In case of infringement of your rights, you may seek an injunction to quickly prevent the continuation of the violation of the exclusive rights attached to a trademark.
As of January 1, 2014, Czech legislation includes a new Civil Code. Some new aspects were received with scepticism, including Article 441, which states that “Where a special form is required for juridical acts, the power of attorney is granted in the same...
You will find interesting articles from our law practice in this session